Grateful Dead Live at Winterland Arena on 1971-12-31
- Grateful Dead
- DeadLists Project
Dancin' In The Streets, Mr. Charlie, Brown Eyed Women, Beat It On Down The Line, You Win Again, Jack Straw, Sugaree, El Paso, Chinatown Shuffle, Tennessee Jed, Mexicali Blues, China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider, Next Time You See Me, Playin' In The Band, Loser, One More Saturday Night*
Truckin'-> Drums-> The Other One-> Me & My Uncle-> The Other One, Jam-> Black Peter, Big River, The Same Thing, Ramble On Rose, Sugar Magnolia, Not Fade Away-> Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad-> Not Fade Away, E: Casey Jones
With Donna Godchaux * FM broadcast KSAN-San Francisco - Other artist(s): GD; NRPS; Yogi Phlegm
Related Music question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Intro by Bill Graham|
|Dancing In The Street|
|Brown Eyed Women|
|Beat It On Down The Line|
|You Win Again|
|tuning and stage announcement|
|China Cat Sunflower >|
|I Know You Rider|
|Next Time You See Me|
|Playing In The Band|
|One More Saturday Night (1)|
|Bill Graham intro|
|The Other One Jam >|
|Me And My Uncle >|
|The Other One|
|The Same Thing|
|Ramble On Rose|
|Not Fade Away >|
|Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad >|
|Not Fade Away (reprise)|
- During Set I Weir explained that the organ and piano weren't in tune with each other, and they were going to have to decide which to tune to. Hence the constant tuning breaks.
- With Donna Jean Godchaux, her first performance with the boys (1)
- This is a remaster of shnid 141329.
- It became apparent when Charlie Miller was preparing the sbd for this show that Set II of this source was a little off pitch. That has now been corrected.
- I found a small cut in "The Other One" which has now been patched with the sbd.
- Pre-Emphasis has now been added to this source
Thanks to Joe B. Jones for advice in respect of pitch correction and Rob Eaton for providing the sbd source.
Thanks to Tim Dalton for this knockout upgrade and to Charlie Miller for the transfer and subsequent help.
edited and remastered
- 2018-07-17 11:25:12
- San Francisco, CA
- Run time
- Source: KSAN > FM Master reel > cassette > pcm ( Sony ESX HiFi l-750) - Provided by Tim Dalton; Transfer: pcm > Sony SL-10 > Sony PCM-601ESD > Behringer Ultramatch Pro > Tascam DA-3000 > WAV 16/44.1 - Transferred by Charlie Miller; Lineage: wav > Adobe Audition 3 > Celemony Capstan > iZotope RX6 Advanced > iZotope 5 Advanced > CD Wave > TLH > Flac 16; edited and mastered SIRMick July 2018
- Taped by
- Tim Dalton
- Transferred by
- Charlie Miller and SIRMick
- Winterland Arena
Subject: At last
Subject: Don't want to be treated,,this old way
There is a reason why many Heads find themselves in later years drawn to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Nobody gets it without a preacher but the release of this worlds burdens and cares is something any Dead Head has almost certainly experienced attending a Dead Show.
The Big Question is am I prepared to meet a Holy God when my time on this earth ends?
If sin is so terrible to God that He would send His own Son to pay its penalty then what type of person ought we to be here during on our sojourn here on earth.
Wow, the NFA reprise gets wild with Pig & Bob.
---Jerry just throwing it down like Lightning bolts!
I love the FM DJ who says a few words while we wait for the encore.
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on